The National Association of Realtors (NAR) reports in the period May 2007 to May 2008:
- Between 150,000 and 190,000 homes were sold to foreign nationals.
- Typical international buyers bought a single-family vacation home for $297,400.
- Forty percent paid with cash. Concomitantly, only 7 percent of Americans paid with cash.
- The typical international home owner visited the purchased U.S. property for 2.6 months each year.
- Recent foreign buyers bought real estate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- The most popular states to buy in were Florida, California, and Texas, with Arizona, New York, Washington, and Nevada the next most popular.
- International buyers generally buy more expensive properties than their U.S. counterparts.
- International buyers on average purchase real estate that is 36% more expensive than the U.S. buyer purchases.
- More than 14% of properties international buyers bought were above $750,000.
- The top five countries for foreign home buyers, were Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, China, and India.
giving you the advantage...®