In the sport of bike racing you've heard of the Tour de France, the Vuelta a España, and the Giro d'Italia ...now there's the Tour de Bozeman, Montana's Last Best Bike Race.
This Bozeman, Montana Bicycle Racing Event, slated for Saturday and Sunday, July 25 and 26, 2009, offers a $5,000 Cash Purse and fun for the entire family. Cycling Sprints down Main Street Bozeman; Bicycle Time Trials on Springhill Road; and a Bike Road Race in Bridger Canyon.
Watch male and female cyclists burn 1000's of calories and suffer oxygen-debt, pushing their bodies to super-human levels competing in...
- Saturday, July 25, morning: Springhill Road Cycling Time Trial on a straight, 20 kilometer out -and-back course, along Bozeman's Bridger Mountains.
- Saturday, July 25, evening: Downtown Bozeman Main Street Bike Sprints along five blocks of Historic Bozeman's Main Street, which will be closed for these brutal 300 meter cycling sprints.
- Sunday, July 26, morning: Bridger Canyon Road Bike Race on an unrelenting 70 mile course with long, steep climbs and petrifying descents through the Bridger and Bangtail Mountains.
- Sunday, July 26, afternoon Tour de Bozeman bike racing awards at Bridger Bowl Ski Area.
The Tour of Bozeman Bike Race is a collaboration of three Bozeman-area cycling teams: Bozeman Team Delphine, Gallatin Alpine Sports-Intrinsik Architecture, and Bozeman Masters Velo and is sponsored by both First Interstate Bank of Bozeman and Bridger Orthopedic and Sports Medicine.
Races open to and capped at:
* Men's Pro 1/2 - 100 entrants
* Men's Cat 3 - 100 entrants
* Men's Cat 4/5 - 75 entrants
* Masters 40+ - 100 entrants
* Women's 1-3 - 50 entrants
* Women's 4 - 50 entrants